HALE (Health Action Local Engagement) is an award-winning health development charity based in Bradford, specialising in providing outreach programs, activities and education to the most vulnerable in our communities; on topics associated with mental and physical self-care.
Founded in 2003, HALE currently consists of over 40 committed staff-members and volunteers, supporting over 17,000 individuals in 2021/22.
Across everyone at Hale, our mission remains:
“To improve health where there is greatest need”
We work with people of all ages and backgrounds, and pride ourselves on having a skilled team of community healthcare workers who understand how to make a difference to people’s health and wellbeing.
To learn more about HALE and the work we do you can:
- Visit our Twitter and Facebook pages, updated regularly
- Meet our team
- View our annual reports commemorating the team’s work
We aim to:
- Improve aspiration and happiness in local communities by enabling local people to manage their health and wellbeing
- Improve peoples' knowledge of how to engage with their local community and therefore feel less isolated and lonely
- Work with and inform local people to understand how to manage their health needs and howto use health and social care services
- Reduce known health inequalities in the areas we work in