Community Development & Engagement
A quick glance any recently released regional statistics makes for unmistakeably stark reading. Bradford stands significantly above the national average in:
- People claiming unemployment benefits
- People suffering from diabetes
- People suffering from loneliness
- Hospitalisations due to an alcohol-related condition
- Primary school children with a mental health disorder
- Primary school children overweight or obese before their transition to secondary school
- Social Deprivation; where an individual lacks the adequate resources and opportunities to be successful.
At HALE, our mission statement is to “Improve People’s Health Where There Is The Greatest Need”; and at every level across Bradford, through our social groups, outreach counselling and phone line open throughout the working day, we pledge to offer accessible, affordable, and specialist community support that anyone in the community can access for themselves, and those around them.