Welcome to HALE’s website!
HALE (Health Action Local Engagement) is an award winning charity based in Shipley that works with local people, enabling them to make lifestyle changes to improve their health through a variety of programmes and activities, focusing on Isolation, Wellbeing, Alcohol Awareness, Sexual Health and Nutrition.
Our mission is "to improve health where there is greatest need" throughout the local area.
- improve aspiration and happiness in local communities by enabling local people to manage their health and wellbeing
- improve peoples' knowledge of how to engage with their local community and therefore feel less isolated and lonely
- work with and inform local people to understand how to manage their health needs and how to use health and social care services
- reduce known health inequalities in the areas we work in
- by being solutions focused. We ensure what we do makes a real difference
- by being inclusive. We review our working to ensure we are working with all populations in our community
- by engaging with people in their community. We use a hub and spoke approach to our work
- by working in partnership. We work with other organisations to ensure the best service is available for the people we work with
- by empowering others. We support others to achieve their goals and care for themselves
- by being outcome driven. We work to ISO 9001 as our quality accredited kite mark