Young People’s Services
At HALE we recognise that there are many complex issues that relate to young people. Therefore we aim to provide a service that positively engages young people and uses creative approaches to build positive relationships, support their needs and increase their knowledge, confidence, health and well-being.
Baildon Youth Council
“Youth councils are a popular and effective way to get more youth involved in solving local problems and more actively engaged in the community.”
Promoting Youth Participation, National League of Cities 2002
HALE’s Youth and Community Workers provide a platform for young people in Baildon to be empowered to have their voice heard in their community by providing a weekly youth session for young people to attend and discuss young people’s issues and needs, community issues and improvements.
- Up to 12 young people to be elected youth council members
- Youth Council Members to plan and deliver weekly activity sessions including: arts, crafts, sports, cooking, team building activities, games, health & wellbeing sessions and trips
- Deliver training sessions to skills up young people such as; ASDAN volunteer award, First Training, Food Hygiene and Employability
- Deliver awareness session such as; LGBT, black history, women’s history, kindness week etc
- Attend local community meetings to influence and inform decisions that affect their lives
- Support young people to support their community and make a difference by volunteering at events such as; Baildon at Christmas, Baildon Open Gardens, Baildon Carnival, Intergenerational Events and Social Action e.g Litter Picking
- Deliver youth led consultations and campaigns
- Work in partnership with other organisations in particularly Bradford Youth Service, Spongetree, Cactus Crew and local Schools.
- Deliver detached and outreach projects to engage other young people and tackle issues such as; anti-social behaviour, drugs and alcohol, isolation and improve community cohesion.